The first Festival playlist, aka Welcome to Japan, is now live in Forza Horizon 6, and we can complete the first Treasure Hunt that takes place at the Ohtani region. Doing so not only gets us five event currency, but we can also find 100,000 credits.
But first, you’ll need to locate the Treasure Hunt chest.
Ohtani Region Treasure Hunt chest location in Forza Horizon 6
https://embeds.beehiiv.com/a8d62108-86ed-4039-bf49-44877ba62c15 When you accept the task from the Festival Playlist menu, you’ll only find a photo of the location. The chest is located in the Kinkaku-Ji Temple, located southwest of the Horizon Festival Site. The temple has a nearby race event that you might have completed in all likelihood; use the race to fast travel.
Screenshot by Destructoid Next, travel to the marked location on the image above. If you have the Treasure Map DLC purchased, you can put a marker. If you haven’t, no worries. Enter the Kinkaku-Ji Temple from the main entrance.
Screenshot by Destructoid Next, turn left and head straight (take the path that goes left in the image above). You’ll find the path turning right past the pond. If you keep on this track, you’ll find the Treasure Hunt chest right ahead. Drive through the chest, and you’ll earn your rewards.
Screenshot by Destructoid Since this is part of the Summer week, you’ve until May 28 to find and drive through this chest. If you’re looking to unlock all the available cars on the first Festival Playlist, you won’t want to miss out on this.
We talk to key developers behind Assassin's Creed Black Flag Resynced, digging into the direction behind Ubisoft's first big remake, what's been added, and how it sets the stage for the series' future.
Black Flag Resynced is pulling together the series best elements, and it already feels like the exact style of remake I've wanted from Assassin's Creed.
Fans have responded to the Destiny 2 news with great sadness, fearing this may be the beginning of the end for Bungie. "It’s over for Bungie," speculated a user on X. "Destiny 2 died so Marathon could die a little bit later," said another user.
Others are more hopeful, taking it to possibly mean that Destiny 3 is on the way and Bungie is ending support for an older game in favor of supporting a new one. "This is the correct call. It should've ended years ago with Witch Queen leaving us on a cliffhanger until D3. Here's hoping that they finally put their focus on a Destiny 3, and we can get back to playing every day again," said an optimistic fan.
Another fan noted that they hoped Bungie isn't sacrificing Destiny for Marathon: "I hope Destiny 3 is in early development, this franchise deserves better than being abandoned for Marathon."
Some are not as convinced of the move signaling a rosier future for Destiny, though. "That’s not how I’m reading it. You wouldn’t announce the end of Destiny 2 without a clear commitment to future Destiny titles," said The Verge's Tom Warren.
Former Destiny 2 game director Joe Blackburn also reflected on the news, expressing how much he valued his time working on the series. "Destiny made a mark on me as a player first. Getting a chance to work in that world is an honor I'll never fully be able to repay," Blackburn wrote on X. "Both in and out of game, Destiny 2 forged the core memories that made me who I am today. Thanks to everyone who brought the tower to life everyday."
Ultimately, the future remains extremely unclear. Bungie has more projects incubating and one of them is likely Destiny 3, but just because something is in the very early stages doesn't mean it will release. Incubation projects are largely done so teams can prototype and figure out future games before greenlighting them for full production with big budgets and milestones. Respawn Entertainment canceled two incubation projects last year, so there's no telling what will come of these titles.
Either way, Bungie will continue to update Marathon. The team recently confirmed it was adding more PvE content, likely as a way to lure in players who aren't into the PVP extraction gameplay. Marathon may evolve into something a bit more broad to cater to a wider player base. The game's player counts are significantly lower than Destiny 2, so it'll be interesting to see if Bungie can turn it all around.
Cade Onder is a freelancer for IGN's news team. He covers all things entertainment, including gaming, film, and more. You can find him on Twitter @Cade_Onder.
Today, after 10 expansions, three episodes, 30 seasons, and almost nine years, Bungie announced that Destiny 2's live service development is coming to an end on June 9, 2026. It isn't surprising news: To the culture at large, Destiny 2 has become less of a game in earnest and more of a measuring stick for its beleaguered studio's dysfunction following years of blatant mismanagement, and Bungie's prolonged silence as player numbers continued to dwindle had become deafening... Read more.
Take-Two announced its earnings today and it proudly reported that Grand Theft Auto VI is on track to launch on November 19, 2026.
I was able to interview Strauss Zelnick, CEO of Take-Two, about the results for about seven minutes. I asked if he was happy that there was no delay to the launch date of GTA IV or if he had context for sticking to the date. But he gave me nothing. He didn’t celebrate. After all, there’s a lot of time to go before the game actually launches.
I also asked about how Take-Two’s outlook suggests that the company is expecting a higher scale of performance over the years, and not just because of GTA VI.
“I think one of the things we’re proud of around here is that we have a multi-dimensional company. Half of our net bookings comes from mobile, and the last year that we’re reporting on today demonstrates that we can have a situation when things go well, when our teams have done a great job, where every label is booming, every label is contributing — and in a different way, we have frontline releases, we have live services, we have recurring consumer spending, we have catalog — and when you take it all together, it makes for a pretty powerful enterprise.”
He added, “This is what we set out to build many years ago. So, of course, it’s satisfying to see it come to fruition initially. Now we’ve established ambitious goals for fiscal 27 and then furthermore, we said we have got to create a new benchmark going forward. None of that will be easily accomplished, but we’re very excited about it.”
He said that the numbers for the year that Take-Two just guided to reflect across the board performance.
Strauss Zelnick – Photographed in New York City 10/18/2023 “We think we can achieve that,” he said.
I also asked him a broader question about the industry based on the analysis of games that Matthew Ball, who just became the chief strategy officer at Xbox, published in the form of a 165-slide Powerpoint deck. Ball observed that the addiction industries like online gambling and prediction markets are taking away attention from games and that poses a risk.
Zelnick replied, “According to Activate, a consultancy, the amount of time in American consumers’ media [consumption on a daily basis shows] the time devoted to interactive entertainment has actually grown about 15 minutes year over year, from about an hour and a half to an hour and 45 minutes. So, there’s really evidence that more time is being spent with interactive entertainment than ever before. But at the end of the day, of course, anyone in the entertainment business competes with everyone else, and also competes with the opportunity not to engage in entertainment.”
He added, “You go to the grocery store to buy food, but you don’t have to consume entertainment.. When there’s a lot out there that people like, they’ll consume a lot. When there’s nothing out there that they want, they won’t consume any, which is a long-winded way of saying I think people can engage with TikTok and Polymarket and also engage with interactive entertainment if that’s what they want to do.”
And he said, “The media day continues to grow in a way that is surprising. It’s now over 13 hours. That reflects a lot of parallel processing, but I don’t think the world has become more competitive. It’s always been highly competitive, and so our approach is always to be the most creative, most efficient, most innovative company to try to make the biggest hits, engage consumers with something extraordinary — and everything else will take care of itself.”
I asked about the quarter’s strong performance and if there was a surprise in the results.
“Let’s talk more about the year. I think the surprise in the year is everything went so well. We’re in a business that has ups and downs, and this is a year where, even though we had a couple of things that didn’t go quite as well as expected, everything is profitable, everything is booming. Zynga had an amazing year, NBA 2K 26, Grand Theft Auto online, and the Grand Theft Auto franchise did better than expectations. Red Dead has sold in 85 million units after many years in market. Toon Blast, a 14 year old title, grew 25% year over year, and the news continues. And even when certain things fell a bit short of expectations, we’re enjoying great success. Our job is to make consumers happy with our work. That seems to be the case across the board.”
Finally, I saw that he expressed some frustration in an interview with Stephen Totilo, a game journalist, about the long wait for a new BioShock game.
He said, “There’s all kinds of things I want in life. We’ve had some frustrations in the development of BioShock. I believe that we’re going to deliver something just spectacular.”
In closing, he said, “We couldn’t be more thrilled, and that’s a result of this amazing team, working really hard, sometimes against all odds and continuing to deliver. I want to express my gratitude to my colleagues around the world for these amazing results. They deserve all the credit.”
Of all the Assassin’s Creed games that could do with a full-scale remake, you probably wouldn’t expect Ubisoft to go with one of the most beloved.
There are games in the franchise with an amazing setting that didn’t stick the landing on the gameplay that could have been first up. Perhaps you head back to the start and remake the original game with modern technology?
So my first question for the game’s creative director was simple: Why Assassin’s Creed Black Flag?
Endix is a free, inclusive indie & AAA event designed as a game in Unreal Engine. Visitors become players who explore unique booths made by exhibitors themselves, interact with an online community of creators, developers, and gamers and discover amazing indie & AAA games.
Our mission is to give equal spotlight to indie developers and publishers alike—no pay-to-win visibility, no gatekeeping. We emphasize inclusion and accessibility, welcoming gamers from all backgrounds, especially those who can’t travel or attend physical events due to budget, physical constraints or other difficulties.
What can you experience at Endix?
✔️ Play dozens of indie demos inside a virtual expo via integrated redirect to Steam mechanics.
✔️ Interact with friends or fav streamers through proximity voice chat & multiplayer interactions.
✔️ Participate in unique activations, giveaways & quests.
✔️ Wishlist instantly via integrated QR & Steam links.
✔️ Attend a free and accessible event – no tickets, no constraints.
We are gamers! So why there is not an active event that runs as Multiplayer video game? No physical constraints, no passive viewership and most importantly a 2-days event to celebrate gaming!
It's an interesting time to be a Halofan nowadays, with several new projects on the horizon that you'd think players would be quite excited about. However, as Halo officially turns 25 years old this year, gamers are pretty divided on the upcoming release of Halo: Campaign Evolved, a current-gen remake of the original Halo: CE campaign.